Sunday, October 20, 2013

Drunken Slow-Cooker Chicken

Drunken Slow-Cooker Chicken

Ingredients (*organic)
4 Chicken Thighs
1 Gallon Size bag of frozen, cored tomatoes-peeled 
1 Large White Onion (peeled and quartered)
1 Zucchini (sliced-I left the skin on mine)
2 Bell Peppers (cut into strips)
4 Cloves of Garlic
4 Scallions (chopped)
1c Water
1c Red Wine
6oz Tomato Paste
2T Chicken Bouillon
1T Oregano (I used Greek)
2t Sea Salt (I used Himalayan Pink)
Pinch of Pure Cane Sugar
Pinch of Cracked Pepper
I small Chili Pepper (chopped) **optional



Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker on high for at least 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Can be served over pasta or rice.

*****UPDATE*****
I had quite a deal of leftover sauce so I cut up a package of mushrooms (for extra protein) and added them to the sauce. I let it simmer for a while to cook the mushrooms then poured the sauce over brown Jasmine rice. This makes a great Meatless Monday Meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment